Wednesday, September 22, 2021

SG500x - Routed interface help

Hello,

I am trying to setup some vlans on my network utilizing a pair of SG500x-24's in stacked mode and a pfsense firewall but running into some issues. The switch is in L3 mode, with an interface connected to the pfsense (10.100.30.1/30 on pfsense side and 10.100.30.2/30 on the cisco side). Typically with Cisco I would also issue a "no switchport" command on the interface to designate it as a routed port but that command returns incomplete. On the pfsense side I also setup a gateway and static routes of the vlans so that pfsense knows how to route the traffic. I also added an ip route for the vlan traffic to go out the pfsense interface.

I cannot find anything that says the SG500x even supports a routed interface. There was an article about setting up RIPV2 but I'm not doing that. I am not seeing any way around this aside from spending money on some new L3 switches. I could create the vlans at the firewall level but I don't really want to do that at this time. Currently on the flat network I have an uplink port without an IP on the cisco side, but with an IP on the pfsense side. Default gateway on the switch is set to hit the pfsense IP.

Second set of eyes would be great, I've tried a bunch of things on my end but no matter what I cannot get the pfsense to talk to the cisco switch when I setup that interface and vice versa. A test PC in my vlan is able to hit the cisco interface but nothing further. I am thinking it has to do with that routed interface.



No comments:

Post a Comment