Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Server keeps crashing while running nProbe and PF_RING ZC. Possible reasons?

Hi everyone, thank you for welcoming me to the networking subreddit. I'm a thesis student trying to analyse my universities campus traffic and my first step is getting my hands on the NetFlow records. This is my first foray into networking so I appreciate your patience with any dumb assumptions I make and for missing things that appear obvious to you professionals.

I've got a Ubuntu server 18.04 with an Intel X710 card and 2x 10G interfaces that I'm feeding the campus traffic to. The server is running ntopng, nProbe and PF_RING ZC as systemd processes. Campus traffic is consistently around 6 Gb/s. Whenever traffic is turned on, the server crashes. Without the traffic I can't get my hands on the NetFlow records.

Would love to know possible reasons for the server crashing and possible workarounds?

I really appreciate your experience and advice. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment