Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Question about Contract-to-Hire

Hello! First time posting but lurked for a long while. So apologies if this is not a valid topic.

Quick background been a mid level Network Admin for a year at an enterprise and prior to that a team lead NOC tech in an MSP for 4 years. Aside from experience have CCNA and studying CCNP ready to sit within 60 days. No bachelor.

I had a question if anyone has experience with contract to hire positions I recently had an agency reach out to me in regards to one. The agency provides full benefits until converted to full time, I’m awaiting what the packages look like, I’m currently at 84.7 salary and this new position would be 48 hourly then converted to salary (99.8) once brought in full time which is the most enticing part of it considering I have a 1 month old and 2 year old I support (my wife is stay at home with them).

My only concern of course is the after 6 months I’m taking their word at they would convert me to full time with having a young family relying on me financially. The hiring manager used all the right verb-age never mentioned any sort of review or evaluation once the contract expired when I asked them multiple times, I’m assuming they have some form of interview at the exit of the contract to bring me on.

It really seems to me all that is out there in my area are these contract to hire positions, I’m assuming due to COVID just would be my first time not being a formal full time employee and wanted to get a feel for someone else’s experience with a similar job opportunity in a network engineer role.



No comments:

Post a Comment