Saturday, September 4, 2021

Network Engineer Salary in Michigan

So I am having a hard time figuring out where I should be salary-wise. Let me explain...

I was in the Army until 2012; I was medically retired after a combat injury. I started going back to school in 2019 and have my BS in Network Security with a minor in Mathematics. My current employer is a reseller and channel partner for thousands of OEMs; as such, they ask a lot of their engineers.

Since working there, I have obtained my CCNP Security, Palo Alto PCNSA, Fortinet NSE 5, Aruba Clearpass ACCP, and other certifications from Ekahau, Dell, and HP.

My current title is Associate Regional Engineer, and my salary is 65,000 with the potential of up to 6500 in yearly bonuses.

I was fully prepared to start at the bottom, but I think the work I have put into learning, along with my employer sending me on solo projects, puts me above an Associate (entry-level) position. What I have trouble reconciling is that I literally just graduated, and I have less than a year of actual OTJ experience. While I am older than the majority of entry-level employees (38) and I have been working with IT personally for many years, on top of military leadership/project management experience.

I haven't worked in a civilian role since I was 19, so I just want to ensure I don't get taken advantage of.

thoughts / opinions?



No comments:

Post a Comment