Saturday, September 4, 2021

Edgerouter-12 and SonicWall - Internet connectivity issue

Hi all,

I am running into an issue between a SonicWall and Edgerouter ER-12, ill try to be as specific as possible since the diagram isn't too detailed. Been knocking my head against the wall because this seems like it should be a no-brainer.

The Ciena SDS patches into the WAN X1 port on the SonicWall. The X1 interface is configured with a static IP from a /29 provided by the ISP.

The SonicWall X0 LAN interface connects to the WAN interface eth9 on the ER-12.

Interface eth0 is configured with several VLANs. eth0 connects to the trunk on the switch and connected devices on the access ports work as expected. Devices on VLANs configured with DHCP pickup their intended IP addresses. So no problems there.

The issue that is occurring is that the router is not passing internet traffic from eth9 WAN to eth0 LAN. I have plugged in directly from the X0 interface, assigned a static IP/DNS, and have full internet access. However, when connecting to any VLAN on the eth0 LAN port of the ER, I get no internet access. IP and DNS gets assigned via DHCP, but no internet.

I can ping to the eth9 interface (10.10.10.2/29) successfully from other VLANs on the eth0 LAN interface. I cannot ping the Interface X0 LAN (10.10.10.1/29).

However, when I set a static IP on my laptop and connect to another interface on the SonicWall (X2) that is in the same interface group as the LAN (X0) I can ping the ER interface eth9.

I don't have access to configs at the moment, but can try to post them later. However, I can provide more info if someone is willing to give advice. Thanks for any help.

Network diagram - https://imgur.com/QAdfQtY



No comments:

Post a Comment