Friday, September 3, 2021

Having a hard time passing credentials to proxy server for PIP and my IDE

Hello,

I have been struggling to solve this problem all week. Essentially I have been unable to pass proxy authentication so I can add/ update modules for PIP and other things. I've tried statically setting my proxy credentials through Windows command from the CLI and adding credentials to the command itself to pass them through the proxy server.

python -m pip install --trusted-host pypi.org --trusted-host pypi.python.org --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org --proxy http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@PROXYHTTPADDRESS:PORT --PIPCOMMAND OR MODULE

The error codes being kicked out in Splunk and on command line are:

407 TCP_DENIED_CONNECT authentication_failed DENIED

(I know we can utilize a bypass but I really want to figure out why this is happening)



No comments:

Post a Comment