Friday, September 3, 2021

Fortinet WebFilter services down?

Hi everyone.

Last night a user on my network reported to me that he could not browse the internet. I check and in fact google search worked but every web page was then blocked by the webfilter. So I investigated on the Fortigate and noticed (by going to System> Fortiguard) that the WebFilter and AntiSpam services were down.

After a few hours they came back up on their own.

I just contacted fortinet to try to have a confirm from them if there were any problems on their servers but they told me that for now they have not noticed any problems on their side.

Everything else (connectivity and various services on our side) worked perfectly, I checked.

What can I do? Did anyone else have the same problem last night? It happened around 6PM CEST on September 2nd. If needed, the Firewall is in Europe.



No comments:

Post a Comment