Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Mako Firewall Problem

I'm in kind of a convoluted situation that I could use some help with. I work for a little MSP and VOIP phone provider, and one of our clients is a corporate entity with their own IT department and a bunch of locations. They only use Mako firewalls (6600 model I believe?) in the disparate locations, and I have essentially no experience with them.

Additionally, the guy running their IT department just got what amounts to a battlefield promotion, and he doesn't know much about the Makos either.

Anyway, we can't figure out how to set up port address translation, or even a simple forward. The methods for doing that are pretty different from platform to platform, and since I don't have direct access to these, all I've been able to do is make suggestions for things to try. I've looked and haven't been able to find a guide for exactly how to do it, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment