Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Using NRL's MGEN?

I need to start off by saying; networks and network things are not my strong suit. At all. Like, I'm not even playing the same game.

But, I need to learn how to use MGEN. And I think I've mostly almost got it? At least enough to sort of do what I need to?

I'm struggling with the data, though. I need to transmit data with it, ideally have it read it from a file, and output in the receive log what data was in the packet.

When I use the DATA command, it does that, but it puts the same data in every packet, and if there's more data than the packet size, it doesn't send any at all? At least it doesn't list it in the log?

Help. I'm frustrated. And there seems to be precious little information on how to use this. The manuals from NRL are.....not great, and most of the Google results are about some STI. Even if you could just load me up with some keywords or search terms, that would be fantastic.

Like I said, network stuff is not my jam. So please, please, talk to me like I'm all of four years old. Assume I know nothing, and use very small words, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment