Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Mist AP stuck on "disconnected" status

dashboard settings screenshot

I'm testing a Mist Access Point (AP41) for an office, I have it plugged in with a POE Injector. The injector has a "data in" port that is connected to a router. I've claimed the AP in the mist dashboard and set up a wifi network. LED Light indicator gives no flashing error, just solid green.

When I was initially setting it up it had a status of 'disconnected' until I ran the ethernet cord from the router to the 'Data In' port on the injector. It then connected and did an update. I walked away but it seemed like after that update process it's been back to 'disconnected' and no amount of resetting/restarting/reconnecting will fix it.


Not sure if this is helpful BUT: I disconnected the ethernet cable from the POE Injector, so the AP had power through the POE port but no internet. The LED then started blinking series of 3 which according to their chart means there is no IP address.

So I plugged it back in, the LED flashed in series of 2 which means no internet link, and then settled back to a solid green light.



No comments:

Post a Comment