Wednesday, July 28, 2021

RSPAN session limits?

https://ibb.co/gRpyJCj

I need to push up my access layer traffic to a new program we are using. We are going to do this by using RSPAN. There are 5 access switches which we need to get information from.

Does RSPAN have a # limit on the individual sessions? I have to put RSPAN sources on the colored switches in the topology.

For example

Pink - monitor session 1, source giX/X, remote vlan 200

Purple - monitor session 2, source GiX/X, remote vlan 201

Green - monitor session 3 , source GiX/X, remote vlan 202

Red - monitor session 4, source GiX/X, remote vlan 203.

Can I use the same RSPAN VLAN across multiple different sessions? Also, I am potentially going to move the RSPAN destination to a Dell which looks like it only supports 4 sessions.

Is there a better way I can be doing this?



No comments:

Post a Comment