Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Industry standards for high school students

Hello everyone!

I am starting a new teaching job next week and will be teaching high school students about networking in a real-world sense. The class is kind of like a vocational school where the students will get hands-on experience making Cat5 cables, splicing fiber optic cables, and building their own networks (on paper). The overall goal is to prepare them for a networking job or internship with experience and a mindset that will actually be useful to them and the company.

Knowing this, can anyone that's in a hiring, management, or team lead position tell me things they would look for in a highschool student/graduate that applied or a job or internship? These can be soft skills or technical skills and I'll make sure they're aware of certificates and programs to look into should this be an actual interest of theirs.

I'm building my lesson plan and want to make sure I'm teaching them valuable info and not just stuff that goes in one ear and out the other. I wanna see these kids succeed. For my own background, I have a few years of IT experience along with A+ and Sec+ certs; I plan on getting Net+ in December.

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment