Friday, July 23, 2021

Did I just get hacked (Android TV - MiBox) - If so, what's next?

Hello everyone, gonna try to make this brief.

I have a MiBox on Android 8.x. I like the older, simpler builds.

Last week or so, I kept getting a random RSA Key prompt. I searched for the MAC, couldn't find it in my network, but finally hit OK on it a few days ago, thinking who could be trying to hack me and why?

Anyhow, this morning, my TV, Box turned off unexpectedly. Came on in a few minutes, by itself and it looked like it had be factory reset on the set up screen!

Before I could figure out what was happening, I saw the RSA Key box pop up again, and this time, the checkbox was checked by itself and it felt like someone else was in control!

I quickly killed the power source of the box, disconnected the Ethernet cable.

Question is, did I actually get infiltrated? How serious is it, if I did? What actions should I take to be secure my network first and can I use this box again?

Please help!



No comments:

Post a Comment