Saturday, July 3, 2021

Cisco 2960X stacked update

Hey guys,

I have 2 C2960X switches stacked and want to update them. I already got the right image and connected to them and read all about it and I did nearly the same as I did with the other switches that I updated yesterday (non stacked)...

But now one of the switches in the stack does not boot anymore. If I remove the connections that lead to the 2nd switch in the stack, then the switch boots normally.

Also the 2nd switch did not receive the update and still boots in the old SW-version. And if I try to copy tftp flash: the new image just as I did with the other switches, then the switch can't connect to my tftp server even tho I connected the switch to my tftp server via RJ45 patchcable...

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and what I need to do to get them back to work as a stack again? Preferably on the new SW image...



No comments:

Post a Comment