Friday, July 23, 2021

Arista switches not working with Ansible

Hey all.

I'm learning Ansible (finally) and while I have it working with IOS devices, I cannot for the life of me get it working with my Arista switches. I'm starting to think it's a device config that i'm missing but i'm not sure. Every article I come across has different options and such, so i'm not sure what to use. I went straight to the Ansible site and just made a simple "show version" command, and I can't get that to run.

My question is, do we have to do something specifically to get it to run on Arista boxes? I enabled the eAPI and verified that with the show management api http-commands command which shows that it's enabled. I have a user created (network-admin role), enabled SSH and I tested from my Centos box to the Arista switch that i'm able to ssh with that user with no issues.

If someone can point me in the right direction, i'd really appreciate it. I'm completely stuck here. Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment