Monday, June 21, 2021

Transport Layer and Higher Diagrams/Documentation?

How or does anyone diagram which ports go to which services in their networks?

I'm working on some training documents that will eventually be a template for some network diagrams, (Layers 1-3) , and I was wondering how I might draw or list the assigned ports I am using for my communications. Just boxes attached to my endpoint PCs/PLCs like I have in my drawing?

I work with pretty low level devices so all of my transport ports are manually assigned and unique for the small network I am working on and utilizing in this instance. I know there are symbols for routers and switches but since I can't find a symbol for a UDP or TCP port, I'm guessing a transport layer diagram or Layer 1-4 TCP/IP diagram isn't common.

Below is a link of the simple training diagram of device to device L3 diagram in progress using draw.io. So far I just have my fiber infrastructure drawn and diagramed and am working my way up the stack and so it's not all in my head if a bus runs me over tomorrow.

Any thoughts or things you do would be appreciated.

https://imgur.com/0Mq6Xos



No comments:

Post a Comment