Monday, June 21, 2021

Best practice / order of operations to change network ip scheme?

So I have been tasked with re engineering a small MSPs network structure so we can have proper VLANs for voip, servers, hosts, etc.

The MSP has the HQ and a data center site connected via IPsec tunnel.

I've come up with a pretty simple plan for numerology with no overlap between sites for better clarity etc.

What should my order of operations for the changeover be?

Make remote side changes first, then local, and hope the connection comes up?

Make local side first, build a tunnel to the remote site, then change remote site, then destroy old/bad tunnel once I see new one come up?

I'm trying to plan this so I don't get backed into a corner and have to drive anywhere (the remote side should be available by it's public IP anyway)....

Any advice or wisdom here? The sites are routed by Fortigate 200E



No comments:

Post a Comment