Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Stuck on a new job choice

Hi everybody, I want to share my doubts about a new job/career opportunity. I worked for a big system integrator for 2 years circa and then moved, 8 months ago, to my current company where I have a more consulting role.

At the moment I'm no more engaged in implementation/configuration activities and I carry out mainly documents for calls of proposal and (very) high-level design activities. I'm feeling quite useless and my technical skills are getting rusty, but I appreciate the advisory activities and architectural ones (even if at a high level).

Now, a customer of my previous company asked me to join the team as Senior Network Engineer. I would be more practical, I will have to carry out changes and implementations, all things that I like but I would lose my architectural/consulting role.

I worked for them for about a year and I enjoyed the experience, the infrastructure that we made is nice (VXLAN EVPN Fabric, F5 load balancers, Check Point firewalls, etc), now they say that there's the possibility to become a focal point in the company and maybe have a management career in the long term, while it could be quicker in my current company.

Any suggestions? What would you do in my position?

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment