Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Simulation tool for evaluating performance of the link-layer for wired technologies.

Hi all, I'm writing my college thesis on Smart metering on the 5G. I've made my computations for the 5G wireless link-layer with the software given by my professor but, in order to make a comparison, I need a simulation tool for evaluating the performance of wired technologies relevant to my use case (Ethernet (copper), DSL, PLC, fiber optics, Homeplug, M-Bus; any of these will do).

The simulations I have to run consist of 3500 devices who send packets at a very low constant rate, so it has to have configurable packet size, rate of packet transmission and possibly lenght of the link. I need to evaluate average latencies, packet loss, throughput. Does anyone know a tool that does this?

As a reference this is the tool I've used for the 5G, it is a compiled C++ code for Linux which it's launched via terminal, that gives out a text trace, then through grep and awk I extracted the KPIs I needed.

Sorry for any stupid english mistake, I'm not a native speaker. Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment