Tuesday, June 22, 2021

SONiC NOS - GNS3

Has anyone deployed SONiC NOS on GNS3 before and had sucess working with simple configurations (i.e. L2 vlan)?

I was able to get it deployed. All I want to do is configure a simple L2 network on a specific VLAN with two interfaces, connect two VPCS, and have them ping each other.

Followed these instructions with no success.

If I do a tcpdump on each interface in SONiC I can see arp who-has packets, but it does not look like the interfaces are set up properly in GNS3.

By default, in GNS3, there are 8 interfaces configured, are all e1000. If I perform a ip -br addr show in SONiC I can see eth0-eth8, which will show up or down depending on connecting devices to them. There are 48 other "Ethernet" interfaces which SONiC seems to work with directly. All show "UNKNOWN"

I think SONiC is not working with the correct interfaces :( Does anyone have notes on how the interfaces should be configured in GNS3?



No comments:

Post a Comment