Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Question about Palo Alto Dynamic External Lists?

Hi everyone,

First time posting here and I am far from a networking expert let alone on the PAs. But I am assisting our network admin with a small project. We would like to set up some automation to gather a list in a txt file of domain joined hosts that utilize SMB traffic and create a Dynamic External List the PAs can use going forward.

Now knowing very little about the procedure our network admin had mentioned to me that we could set up a web server to host the txt file. I'll be generating the file on a weekly basis with some simple PowerShell script.

However, my question is this...

I think it sounds pretty silly that we would need to set up a static web server running IIS for example all for the purpose of hosting one text file? So I had suggested is it possible that we could host the TXT file on say an S3 bucket and allow the PAs to grab the TXT from there? Is that possible?



No comments:

Post a Comment