Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Layer 1, 2 & 3 Presales guys- How long does it take to realistically put a quote together?

Hey reddit,

I recently started a new gig as a presales consultant. I have a background as a network analyst/engineer and Infrastructure PM. So thought it would be nice to try presales.

The issue is the CEO of this business says I'm drawing up quotes too slowly. I've always been an efficient worker so this comes as a shock.

Although the CEO is known to be quite toxic so now i'm questioning if i am slow, or if his work mentality is nothing is ever good enough.

Currently i'm drawing up a router/switch installation, WAP upgrade, and desktop push across 95 sites nation wide

- with 5 user desktops per site

- plus a major site requiring a 90 switch refresh and 400 desktop deployment

- some UAT, E-waste, staging for all network devices and desktop machines.

- account for all the logistics

It's taking me around 6-8 hours in total to draw up the quote, and totaling close to $500,000AUD.

Is 6-8 hours unreasonable? he says it should take me 3. This is a guaranteed job so I want to make sure my implementation guys don't hate my existence.

If you got some reference numbers on how long it would take to turn around 6 figure quotes with some complexities that'd be appreciated

Cheers,

Chillandnetflix



No comments:

Post a Comment