Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Layer 1, 2 & 3 Presales guys- How long does it take to realistically put a quote together?

Hey reddit,

​

I recently started a new gig as a presales consultant. I have a background as a network analyst/engineer and Infrastructure PM. So thought it would be nice to try presales.

​

The issue is the CEO of this business says I'm drawing up quotes too slowly. I've always been an efficient worker so this comes as a shock.

​

Although the CEO is known to be quite toxic so now i'm questioning if i am slow, or if his work mentality is nothing is ever good enough.

​

Currently i'm drawing up a router/switch installation, WAP upgrade, and desktop push across 95 sites nation wide

- with 5 user desktops per site

- plus a major site requiring a 90 switch refresh and 400 desktop deployment

- some UAT, E-waste, staging for all network devices and desktop machines.

- account for all the logistics

​

It's taking me around 6-8 hours in total to draw up the quote, and totaling close to $500,000AUD.

​

Is 6-8 hours unreasonable? he says it should take me 3. This is a guaranteed job so I want to make sure my implementation guys don't hate my existence.

​

If you got some reference numbers on how long it would take to turn around 6 figure quotes with some complexities that'd be appreciated

​

Cheers,

Chillandnetflix



No comments:

Post a Comment