Friday, June 4, 2021

Help!

So, I'm teaching a Systems Admin course to a bunch of people that don't know anything about computers. One thing that's important (critical) is that they understand how machines communicate with each other. That involves teaching them (lightly) about the functions of switching/routing and why it's important. We are working with an extremely limited budget (government) and any effort to use actual devices has been shot down.

Presently, I am using foam blocks and skewers to represent clients, servers, switches, routers, etc. as the networks get more complex, so does the modeling and it quickly loses effectiveness.

What I REALLY want is model sized network equipment (non-functional, of course). Mini servers, mini switches, mini routers, mini racks, mini network cables... blah blah. To the point where we can table-top build a network. Do any of you know of anything like that?

I have googled my ass off and come up dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment