Saturday, June 19, 2021

Giga sized Troubles

My name is George and I am a EE major graduating in December. 

The plan for my senior project is to construct a working, very high-security, and high bandwidth fiberoptic network. 

I have purchased consumer gear from ubiquity, but it can only get me so far.

I am planning on using a 144 fiber OS2 8.3 um plenum cable for multiple 10 gb/s connections modeling a backbone.

For high this high-security network I would like to have full visibility of network traffic and logs for a possible ML application in Python. 

I am currently working on SFP+ module compatibility and making custom cables.

I have been unable to find any of the Gigamon software tools on the open web and I will not be able to make this project work without them.

I have contacted Gigamon several times with only one response from a low-level sales rep offering a demo. 

In your collective experience is there any way to use this gear without the software?Is there a downgraded version of the software somewhere out there? 

I have currently acquired from ebay:

5X GigaVUE-2404

1X GigaVUE-420 

1X   GigaVUE-HB1 

I think everything is in end of life and I just wanted to reach out as a last-minute hail mary to see if anyone is able to help.

Edit 1: This is an educational project with Kennesaw State University and I would only need licenses until the end of the year if that helps. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wn-0MpCECHcqHs0ADeTtjeHrrhH5lAgr/view?usp=sharing



No comments:

Post a Comment