Saturday, June 19, 2021

Data Science for Computer Networks. Where should I start?

My boss wants me to do computer network analysis. However, I have never done it before and I only have a math background. I have a good command of R and Statistics. Please help me with ideas and learning material.

I just bought the book I just bought the book Network Security Through Data Analysis: From Data to Action, by Michael Collins. If you go to the index of the book (the index is on Amazon), Part 3 is Analytics (Starts on page 199). The index shows a list of all possible analytics for computer networks.

My only experience was with delay analysis, jitter analysis, UDP vs TCP.. In other words, not too much.

I would say that the general question that we are trying to answer is if our computer network is healthy.

I have time to learn. And, I am planning to subscribe to O'Reilly that give you access to millions of books and videos. I have seen that they have an area called cybersecurity analyst. Please let me know if EDX, Coursera, or any other MOOC that can help me. In advance, thank you for your help!



No comments:

Post a Comment