Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Comcast EPL Circuit Azure configuration

Hey Y'all,

I've got a provisioned Comcast EPL from our on-prem DC to our Azure tenant. When I look at the EPL in Azure, all of the Connection options want a virtual gateway assigned for routing; my understanding of an EPL is that it shouldn't require layer3 routing of any kind. It's supposed to be a 'ethernet cable in the sky', from our perspective. Comcast tech support is like talking to my 9-yo; lots of 'Ummms' and 'abovemypaygrades'.

I have a Azure network/subnet already defined I would like to drop this thing on, and the on-prem is a small DMZ subnet that shares that IP space. The idea being that we have an EPL between them to unify the two environments.

Am I way off base with how this is supposed to work? Why can't I assign this to an existing subnet as a connection?



No comments:

Post a Comment