Wednesday, June 30, 2021

A central fat access point that can configure thin access points.

I am currently studying wireless networks and recently got a question wrong, but I cannot figure out why this is true for the life of me. I am trying to figure out if the question is wrong or if I misunderstand something.

"Your wireless network includes one centralized AP that you configure. This AP forwards the configurations to other APs in your wireless network. Which of the following BEST describes these APs?"

the correct answer is: The centralized AP is a fat AP, and it configures thin APs in your network

How on earth would a fat access point configure a thin access point? I was under the impression that thin/fit access points got their configurations from a wireless LAN controller. I started thinking maybe clustering could do this, but from my experience, this would only work with other fat access points.



No comments:

Post a Comment