Thursday, May 6, 2021

MDF - IDF’s: Infrastructure build

I’m designing for a security camera system for a large warehouse. Currently their is no existing infrastructure in place and due to the distances of the required cameras I will need to build out 7-8 IDF’s. I’m looking for help on the best practices for implementing this. Please tell me what you would use for: The MDF switch, IDF switch’s, MM or SM fiber and topology.

Scope of infrastructure:

MDF - non existent. Needs main switch going out to 8 IDF’s and connecting to ISP-MM fiber.

IDF’s - Each located 600’+ IDF to the next and so on, spanning in four separate directions from the MDF. Each IDF will have 4 cameras connected (Dinrail industrial switch?) also no local power readily available.

Cameras are cloud based (no NVR) operate at 20Kbs rest

I appreciate any insight. Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment