Friday, May 7, 2021

A question already asked but version 2021 : SDWAN Actor choice

Hi guys,

I know this question have already been asked many time these last years, but I don't see any recent info on the topic (I've read a lot of review from [4-1]year, but nothing 2021 related.

We have 60 sites, linked by a mix of IPSec over Internet, MPLS, VPLS, etc. We will standardize it with full SDWAN over internet (2 DIA and 1 broadband).
We have drilled down the different providers and retain two solutions ; Silverpeak and Velocloud but we now have some trouble making the final choice (we don't have money nor time to POC it correctly). Have some of you tried the two solutions and what was the advantages and drawbacks that you found on this two solutions ?

I like Velocloud ability to show quite clearly the QoE and underlay link state based on real traffic, also the segment/VRF is a nice to have, and 9 CoS that consolidate 2000 business policies.
I don't like the design of the orchestrator that feels win95 like, and I feel like DMPO is less efficient than FEC.

I like Silverpeak enormous list of application, integration with Aruba Clearpass in the roadmap (we have a project to use Aruba for the LAN), the integrated TCP opt (we have a lot of web services) and boost options.

We feel technicity is a draw, did we miss something ?

*French here, so be lenient with me*



No comments:

Post a Comment