Monday, May 24, 2021

ISO value 10G layer3 switch IPv6

Guys, experts, pros, friends...

...now that I've buttered you up!

I'm looking for a value 10G layer3 switch that can route IPv6 at wire speed. I use a lot of ubiquiti and mikrotik products and they really don't offer anything in this space. Mikrotik has a nice 10G switch ( CRS317-1G-16S+ ) for a fantastic price, but no hardware offloading of IPv6 at all including in their development version.

I don't need a ton of ports, but I want to be able to handle at least 3 10G connections and say 6 1G.

I don't need a ton of routes either, I've built a 1G native IPv6 network that only distributes own routes and then user traffic is tunneled across using GREoverIPv6. I would love to do vxlan or SRv6 instead if the hardware supported it.

Alternatively, a multi-10G port router priced well. I can add a small switch to get the 1G ports I need.

Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment