Monday, May 24, 2021

How do I setup Multiple Public IP addresses through my TP-Link ER605 router? Possible?

Im trying to setup a few servers that need their own static public (WAN) ip's and im not sure how to do it. I currently have a ER605 TPLINK router. I was told by my ISP that I have 5 static IP's available but that I would either have to use a switch so that they could assign the public wan ip's to certain ports on it, or I would have to put my router into bridge mode to do it if that was possible... I don't really understand why they cant just assign static public ip's to devices behind my router if i give them the MAC addresses of the devices...but apparently they cant ...but switch would allow this? How is that?

Im doing all this because im trying to run a certain kind of software on multiple servers and they all must have their own Public address

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment