Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Interview tips for associate network engineer?

Hey y’all,

I have a technical interview for an associate network engineer at a large bank ( sponsors an NBA team large). I had my first round with the hiring manager which was was a mix of some leadership questions and technical questions.

I was up front and honest about my networking experience. I currently work for a FANG as a support engineer and a lot of our network is extremely automated. Most of the layer 3 issues get pushed out to a separate team, while most of what I do is more related to layer2 and layer 3 switches (vlans, span, trunking, SVI, and a little bit of OSPF). I also have some experience with BGP because our network peers with our data centers and some of our change management projects require me to do sanity checks, including verifying the health of those links.

This role is more technical operations, we support the network services (dns, routing, switching, load balancing, dhcp) while another team does the designing. What advice would you give to me?



No comments:

Post a Comment