Thursday, May 20, 2021

I can't tell if I didn't set up my VLAN properly of if the problem is with GNS3.

I have set up a lab on GNS3 with Arista vEOS routers. I set up regular routing ports between the routers and each router is connected to a host. Hosts are part of VLAN100 and the end goal is to set up VxLAN. For now, I just want my VLANs to work. These are the configs I used (sorry for formatting, Reddit doesn't seem consistent no matter how many times I edit it):

ip routing
vlan 100
name Hosts
state active
int vlan 100
ip add 10.0.0.254/24
no shut
int eth12
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 100
no shut

When I enter "show vlan", VLAN 100's only port is Cpu which not only do I not know what it is, but there should also be eth12. Entering "show ip int brief" shows vlan 100 as down and protocol being "lowerlayerdown". I followed the steps in the documentation so I'm a bit confused about what I'm missing.



No comments:

Post a Comment