Saturday, May 1, 2021

Differences between being an IT Network Engineer vs other Network Engineering roles

Hi,

I am a Network Engineer who is been working the internal IT department of a big multinational company for almost 7 years. I joined the company working as a L1 IT support Engineer providing IT support for the internal employees that were working on multiple locations from different regions. After being 2 years on the ServiceDesk, one of my managers at that time told me that the company will advertise a Junior Network Engineer position soon and he asked me if I was interested to apply for it. Without hesitation I applied for it and got the job and since then I have stayed on the same department until now. I have experienced multiple events in my role for example my company got merged with another one, new people came and others left, I got promoted as a Senior, I passed some Cisco certifications, etc.

Recently, I have been thinking about my future because actually I really enjoy my job but at the same time I love networking and I would really like to explore different roles out there.

My question would be for those who have experience on multiple networking roles on different companies what are the main differences between working as an Internal IT network engineer vs working for another Network engineering roles such as working for a ISP, Managed Services, supporting the network for a big application platform, etc ? and which is the role that you enjoyed the most?



No comments:

Post a Comment