Friday, April 16, 2021

Hired as a project manager, never managed a project

As the title says, got hired as an IT project manager, but never managed a project. I interviewed as a tech for a new company, but was offered a PM position. They brought me in to help modernize their network. I’m reaching out to you good people to see how you would attack your first day.

My initial thoughts are to immediately attack the basics. How and how often are users trained? What policies are in place and how are they enforced? When was the last time a risk assessment has been performed if at all?

I’m wanting to get through as much low hanging fruit as possible in the beginning while I’m still learning user requirements and exactly how they plan on expanding.

Any advise would be awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment