Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Force 10 VLTi Backup Link Question

I am looking to replace a 3048 stack (TOR with a LAG to another rack in the DC) with a 3048 in a VLT config. This is due a recent issue with the existing stack needing a FW update, and I need to take both offline to complete that.

The issue I have is with the backup link. Both management ports have an IP, if I cable them directly to each other, its fine - but I obviously cannot manage them then.

So, I thought I would plug each one into a port on the peer, the backup link will not connect, the ping will not respond. I plug a laptop in and I can ping both management ports no problem. So i know the VLT is working and IPs are fine.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this backup link working? Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment