Saturday, April 24, 2021

EVPN VXLAN Spine/Leaf Fabric - Arista & Cisco comparison

I'm looking to do a POC with both Arista and Cisco 9ks for a small-medium Spine/Leaf DC fabric we are building. I haven't worked with Arista switches in the past so I'm interested to hear some positives and negatives between their 7000 range and the Cisco 9ks (We're looking at the 9300-GX/2 series in NX-OS mode for 400G connectivity on the Cisco side). This is for a multi-tenanted environment with L2 & L3 services within the fabric so i'm looking at MAC/IP/VRF scalability as well as each vendors implementation of VXLAN EVPN, MLAG (I know EVPN + VPC can get complex on the 9k platform with a few gotchas and caveats), API completness/automation capabilities, reliability and ease of operation.

I would be very appreciative to hear from those in the community who have worked on both platforms for building DC fabrics.



No comments:

Post a Comment