Saturday, March 20, 2021

Solid networking background from uni, different career path from job

Hi, as stated, I received 9 modules of Cisco Networking, one semester with a bootcamp, took and passed the CCNA Certification exam, and even had a subject about Network Management. All these thanks to my university. However, I graduated during this time of pandemic, which pushed me to accept a job which is an Infrastructure Engineer.

I thought it was related at first. But going deeper into my role, I'm starting to realize that I'm slowly moving away from the network path (which I love, by the way), and leaning towards cloud. While I know that cloud and infrastructure is more advantageous, computer networks is what I really love.

Applying for a new job is too early since I haven't spent 6 months yet onto my first one, and the pandemic makes it more complicated since most Network Engineer jobs are on-site (I'm advised to stay since my current one is fully WFH). I cannot risk going out because the covid situation in our country is really not good (Philippines).

Since everything's clear, my main question boils down to- Will I ever have the chance to go back to the career path that I wanted? Will it not be too late to shift from an Infrastructure Engr to a Network Engr after the pandemic?

I'm seriously worried since I might get left behind especially since I would be staying indefinitely with my current role. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment