Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Router VRRP setup

Hey r/

I've been setting up a lab in packet tracer to prep for an upcoming installation at a customer of ours. It's not a big network, I have one router, two switches and from there all devices are connected.

I wanted to avoid a Router On A Stick implementation but the customer just recently bought new router and switches and I don't think we can get them to buy a L3 switch, maybe our sales dep will do this when there is a meeting with the customer.

So I wanted to connect both switches to the router, and configure something like VRRP. We deal in Zyxel equipment and it should be possible, but I've never configured it before.

Example below:

https://i.imgur.com/DVkqQOJ.png

However, should something like VRRP not be available, a router on a stick solution would be the only way to go or am I missing something?



No comments:

Post a Comment