Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Need help with SNMP Traps

Hello,

I've been tasked with setting up a basic per-port mac limitation config on some Juniper ex-4300 switches, and to get SNMP monitoring set up to log events when it triggers.

I've never worked with SNMP traps before, and the corresponding OID for this is notify-only. I've had this on my project list for a while and keep making little to no progress as I either don't understand this well enough to google my way to an answer, or a simple answer doesn't seem to exist anywhere so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

Here's my current snmp config on the switches:

root@EX4300TEST> show configuration snmp community *redacted* { authorization read-only; clients { 10.251.0.253/32; } } trap-options { source-address 10.251.0.252; agent-address outgoing-interface; } trap-group dwni { version v2; destination-port 162; categories { chassis; link; configuration; services; } targets { 10.252.0.253; } } 

And on the receiving end (centos 7/rhel)

[root@*redacted* snmp]# cat snmptrapd.conf snmpTrapdAddr udp:10.251.0.253:162 authCommunity log,execute *redacted* traphandle default /usr/sbin/snmptt 

I've verified snmptrapd is running, but nothing is logging with this config. Obviously I've got some chunks missing but getting frustrated trying to find answers as to what.



No comments:

Post a Comment