Tuesday, March 23, 2021

I have to pick a side I think

I need some guidance here.

I am a generalist, started with computers in 1984 (actually 1980 but it doesn't matter). Just turned 50.

Since 1995 I have been doing mostly the work of a network engineer, always loved to deal with routers and switches and not people. But I was also attracted to security, implemented ACL filtering in 1996 and worked with firewalls and I'm not bad at Network security.

Also end of 90s worked a lot with Slackware, Suse, Redhat (which was a blessing then)

I am dabbling with automation now.

In 2005 I started more on the management side as VP of Tech, Cto and such but always was hands on, I could not separate myself from getting involved.

I am very much considering going into security Engineering, Analyst and such as honestly always liked it but, reading here on reddit I realized I still like network engineering, routing architectures, protocols, designs and such

Mostly think for the next 20 years (if God keeps me alive, yes I'm a believer and I also respect if you don't believe in anything) the security field will allow more opportunities to work than network engineering.

I'm sure some of you reading this can relate.

What are your opinions? Damn autocorrect, SwiftKey, it was awesome, one day, year and half ago started acting up, googling I found Mickeysoft bought it, there goes a good android keyboard,now it is not as usable.

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment