Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Vmware nic teaming and Aruba OS switches

I am replacing my current HP5406 with a pair of Aruba 8320s. currently, in my VMware environment, each server has 2 10gig ports combined on a Standard vSwitch with nic teaming on and route base on ip hash selected. On the HP switch, they connect to two ports trunked (hp uses that term for link aggregation) with lacp turned on.

My hope was to split the ports between the two 8320's (VSX is setup) and use MC-Lag to give me redundancy. After doing some research today, I found out that lacp and mc-lag are not supported by VMware on standard vswitches. Now I'm at a loss on the best way to connect them. Should I just change the teaming to route based on origination port ID and just plug them into access ports and is redundancy between two switches not feasible?



No comments:

Post a Comment