Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Multicast TTL on windows

So I've been testing out some proprietary software on windows 10 that is using multicast. I was able to get it to work on a flat network, however, once I tried to route it things failed. I knew my multicast routing was set up correct, so I did a Wireshark and found the multicast packets were being sent with a TTL of 1.

I talked to the company about this, asking if there was a setting they had in there. They told me the problem was with windows, and that I needed to change a multicast TTL setting in windows. However, I'm unable to find anything like a registry setting. I've only found programming guides to tell the Winsock how to handle it. From what I can tell it's on the program itself. Does anyone have any other insight?



No comments:

Post a Comment