Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Hosting Internal Captive Portal Page - WiFi

Hi all,

I'm wondering, what are the exact steps required to host a captive portal page (for eg, aruba clearpass captive portal) for guest wifi. In specific, how can I get it working with a cert so the connection is ssl/https without giving the warnings?

I'm a little confused. My understanding is that we require a public dns name (ie, wifi.company.com) with a ca signed certificate tied to that domain? But if it's internally hosted, how would the DNS record be set up? Then, that certificate is loaded in clearpass for the hosted captive portal page.

Can anyone walk me through from a very high level view on the requirements from end to end?

Note, I did mention Internal. Let me explain further. This site is secluded from the company network. The site has internal access with one another and outbound access to the internet. No internal access is provisioned.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment