Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Firewall upgrade needed

I currently run an SRX240 pair (I use VRRP rather than cluster) for my firewall in front of about 10 servers for various websites.

I have a 100Mbps port so bandwidth isn't huge (may upgrade to 1gbps this year if the need come up).

I'm looking to replace the firewall, was looking at the SRX340 as I love the commit confirm approach of Juniper and I can pretty much copy / paste the config over.

I've inherited this from my predecessor and there's nothing "clever" on there, just firewall and NAT for IPv4, no IDP / IPS or anything like that.

Should I look at the IDP / IPS features for my next firewall? I feel like I'm torn between Fortinet (I have no experience of these) and Juniper SRX340.

If you could choose, what would you go for?



No comments:

Post a Comment