Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Affordable 10 gbe router recommendation?

Hey all!

Excuse my ignorance here if what I'm wanting doesn't make sense or isn't available.

I have recently got my first job out of school. I'm the only person in the IT department at my company. We are going to be moving buildings in June and are looking to aquire our own network gear (to date we have been using Comcast's managed router service...). We are a video production company with super high network traffic simply bc of the large files we are uploading and downloading from various ftp servers.

We will have dedicated fiber at the new place and I am looking into a reasonably priced router that can take advantage of that speed. We have less than 20 people on the network so I can't justify a $10,000 router. I'd like to stay under $1000 if that's possible.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm also interested in any decent firewall suggestions as a bonus.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment