Thursday, February 11, 2021

Cisco SG-300 switches SSH dying after 10/15 seconds each time

Hi, I had to rack a pair of SG-300 Cisco switches (don't ask) in a medium sized network about 2 months back, obviosuly these types of switches are meant for a network that size in my opnion. But because the company didn't want to spend any money and them thinking they would be good enough even after me pressing the issue saying plainly in the end....THEY AREN'T!, they still went ahead and said that is the only option at the moment, so i went ahead racked them and isolated them as much as possible in the network. Today however I find myself having to remotely do a change on them (trunk port change no biggie) and I'm ssh'ing onto them and the connection will freeze and die within 10/15 seconds each time!

Goes without saying but nothing has been done to them since I racked and tested them onsite and remotely to. I was on them about a month back and everything was fine as far as SSH timing out goes which leads me to think that they're simply f*****!!!

Anyone anyother ideas, the exec-timeout and ssh timeout are fine to by the way.

Thanks everyone



No comments:

Post a Comment