Saturday, January 9, 2021

Why do some users have multiple IP addresses

I am a little new to networking, I have a program where a user first contacts my web server and using the IP address the user contacted my website and then I allow that IP through my firewall so they can have access to and run a secondary service.

It was working fine for a while, but today I find out some users seem to have multiple ip addresses. When I teamview my users PCs and visit 4-5 different "/www.whatsmyip.org" sort of websites from their PCs I get 2-3 different ipv4 addresses shown.

I have no idea what exactly this is called to try and even start solving the issue, and I would really appreciate if someone could tell me why this is happening, and if there's a name for this technique.

I am trying to see how I can detect and let a user with multiple IPs and let all those ips through a firewall.

Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment