Wednesday, January 6, 2021

What you Like vs What you Hate in your current position

Hi Guys,

Thought I make this post to see how are job environments for different roles and companies of network engineers.

I will start:

Position: Project management in a service provider

What I like:
* Abundance of knowledge, technical exposure and support from vendor.
* Great work/life balance.
* Career Safety
* Professional environment (it is good to work only with Network Engineers and not have to deal with customers or people outside the industry)
* Micromanagement is there to a certain limit

What I hate:
* Low pay
* Scope limitation (basically for our department we don't even see routers or have access to them, there is dedicated team for each specific task)
* Painstaking slow and long processes to do any task (it is really hard to show that you are working hard and trying to be committed to the ECDs. Basically delays are always there)
* No career development (3 years in the same rule)
* No efforts appreciating (I am trying to work hard, but the company is too large to make my efforts appear)
* Management decisions that greatly affect project delivery. (this is the biggest pet peeve that I cannot go into detail for confidentiality, but basically I would say that this is the worst point in the whole list)

Let me know about your working environment, I am considering shifting career. But not sure if it is greener on the other sides.



No comments:

Post a Comment