Friday, January 8, 2021

Thinking about replacing our Cisco MX64 SD-WAN

Hello,

I am a recent graduate who got an IT job with a smaller manufacturing company who has no IT infrastructure other than what a previous company who was in our building left. Needless to say it is a mess and I am the only IT guy in both this factory in US and our headquarters in Canada. I have managed to get all of our devices online and replaced all the old switches with Cisco 2960s which my company considers "new". I have ran Cat 6E cable to most of our devices(some still running on Cat 5E from previous company).

However, the one device I have yet to replace is our Meraki MX64. The device only supports 50 devices according to to Cisco and throughput is only 250 mbps when we have a 1Gbps connection. So, I have been looking at the Meraki MX100 but I feel it maybe too expensive and I am trying to find other options. I am willing to separate the gateway and firewall if needed as we currently use only the meraki for both. If anyone could help point me in the right direction for this it would be much appreciated. I would like to note being the only IT guy it means I have to do networking along with security and sys admin so I would prefer if the device(s) could be easier to config.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment